Friday, March 30, 2012

Growing & Sewing

GROWING.......

 March 12, 2012 (7 weeks)
 Snugging my mommy in my sling - March 12, 2012
So stinking cute! - March 14, 2012
 First Stroller ride - March 15, 2012
only lasted 1 block due to wind
 March 23, 2012 - Almost 9 weeks old. Westen Went to the Dr. on this day. He is 14 lbs (95th percentile - meaning he is bigger than 95% of other babies his age), 24.25 inches long (90th percentile), and his head was in the 75th percentile. The Dr. showed us the chart for his size and he is the size of an average 6 month old. :) He really doesn't eat all that much for his age....so I think he is going to be blessed with the genetics from his birth mom's family. Mommy is hoping he will get their tall-genes!
March 24, 2012 - Saturday morning snuggie with daddy
Melanee's mom found a box with an outfit in it that Melanee's Grandma Jan had given to them when Melanee was little. They thought Melanee was going to be a boy, so Grandma Jan bought a baby boy outfit. So, when she was not born a boy, Melanee's mom saved this little outfit. There was even a Suzy Zoo card in there in Mel's Grandma's handwriting...."To Thumper. Love Grandma and Grandpa". (Thumper is what Mel was called before she was born). So, on March 24, 2012, 27 years after the gift was given, Westen was able to wear this cute, vintage from 1985, never-before-worn outfit from his great Grandma Jan!


..........AND SEWING

My mommy bought a sewing machine, and ever since then, I spend a lot of time in this chair in my mommy's sewing room. Usually, I listed to the podcast of This American Life with my mom and eventually fall asleep.
 My mommy made me a cute jungle animal rag quilt (this is before the edges were washed, so it's much more "raggy" now)
 Mommy also made my soon-to-be-born cousin Kade (that's the name for now) his very own car seat cover. We can't wait for him to be born!
 My mommy also made this flower pillow. She is sewing like crazy.
My Mommy has also made me lots of cute onesies. We will have to dedicate a post just to the onesies. But today, March 30, 2012, when I am one day shy of 10 weeks, I get to wear daddy's favorite home-made onesie with a robot on it.


1 comment:

  1. Way to multi-task Melanee! Those onesies are so adorable...but of course the baby inside them is even cuter. We sure love seeing all the fun your family is having watching Westen grow. More please.

    ReplyDelete